We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Lab Technician at our grain store in Long Buckby. You would be reporting to the Lab Manager. The successful applicant will assist with the smooth running of the Lab, ensuring incoming and out-loading vehicles are weighed in and out, tested and recorded correctly.
Must be a team player, personable and a great communicator. Happy to work a team that has a strong health and safety culture. Among other attributes, the ideal candidate will have a positive and flexible attitude towards their work, be highly motivated and have high levels of attention to detail.
• Helping coordinating the weighing of incoming and out-loading vehicles.
• Testing a variety of different arable crops and recording results correctly and clearly both electronically and as paper records.
• Tasks as directed by Laboratory Manager.
• Working as part of a team, under pressure to a deadline.
• Gathering accurate information on crop grades, specifications etc.
• Helping to check driver’s paperwork to ensure they are sent to the correct intake pit or bulk tank on site.
• Adhere to TASCC code of practice for the storage of combinable crops and animal feeds by accurately testing the grain and following set procedures
• Helping to monitor Critical Control Points within our HACCP system
• To take responsibility for positive release of product to consumer.
We are looking for a ‘can do’ individual to run one of our grain plants at our grain store in Long Buckby. We have day and night shifts available. You will be able to work alone, and efficiently, filling in paperwork and ensuring the plant adheres high hygiene standards.